Friday, May 16, 2014

Thoughts on a book: All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti

All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti is a book that really touched my heart. Its focus is on the themes of adoption, caregiving for a family member, and difficult family relationships. Because I have experienced all of these things in some form, this book really resonated with me. I felt the emotions of the characters and understood the conflicts they were facing.

The story can affect you on many levels. You feel for the characters in the book and relate to them personally. I sometimes got stuck in my own emotions and remembering my own similar situations as I read. Parts of it were hard to read as they hurt, but the hope found in Christ is prevalent without being forced. The hope offered is part of an underlying foundation of strength that is present and real.

I don't want to tell you the story because it is best read and savored within your own experiences. This book will make you think. It may make you remember. You may cry. You will also come away knowing about servanthood, forgiveness, and love. I recommend you read it and feel it.

No comments: