Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What I Didn't Get for my Birthday!

1.  I didn't get ignored! Many wishes came my way for a good day! My sons called or came over and my daughters-in law both called. I loved hearing "Happy birthday, Oma" from some of my grandchildren. I heard from one of my sons-in-law and a granddaughter, too.

2.  I didn't get any cards in the mail, but I got FB messages and email messages galore! The post office didn't get any business from us because of it!

3.  I didn't go out for supper, but we had all the ingredients for all my favorites at home! We had BBQ Ribs, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Asparagus, Cantaloupe, and Snickers Cake! It was delicious!

4.  We didn't go out on a date. Instead I got The Hobbit Movie and we all watched it together.

5.  I didn't have a big party, but my two youngest daughters and I had a nice lunch out.

6.  I didn't get any particularly bad news. That's good, really!

7.  I didn't get the warm weather I had hoped for. I do live in Minnesota and, at least, it didn't blizzard. It has on my birthday before.

8.  I didn't get any sicker. I have had a cold for over 2 weeks and it is getting better. Yeah!

9.  I didn't get any younger! That's OK! My dad always said any day above ground was a good one! I am alive and glad of it! I love life!

10. I didn't have to get up early. I didn't have to put down my book until it was finished. I didn't do school with my daughter(teacher's day off!) I didn't have to do the dishes. I was spoiled, treated with love and care, and made to feel special. Though there were a few disappointments, I knew joy and found much to be thankful for!

I received gifts that I asked for, but now am questioning the wisdom of asking for a bathroom scale and my favorite cake! I received both! So should I eat cake? Sure! It was my birthday. The scale can come out of the box next week!

No comments: