Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dreaming on Daisies Book Review


Dreaming on Daisies Book Review

While this book is the  4th in the Love Blossoms in Oregon series, it could be read alone. However you will want to read the whole series so you can meet and get to know the varied characters in the story. Each character adds depth and personality to the story and makes you feel like you know the whole community.

I just finished reading Dreaming on Daisies by Miralee Ferrel. It is a story about a family that has its foundation in lies and secrets. Each member has their own resulting wounds and pain. Bitterness and pride get in the way of healing. This book touched me in ways it might not touch others because I have had some experience with feelings of abandonment as a couple of the characters in the book do. Mine was not the same as theirs,  but made me sensitive to their situations all the same. I could relate to their feelings. I could feel their pain and misunderstanding.

Things change in the book as a virtual stranger ends up living on the ranch and helping out,  and an unexpected romance develops with neither person sure they can trust enough to love. Conflicts arise, tempers flare, confrontations occur, and eventually through God’s grace,  healing begins in the way each of them needs.

Forgiveness is the catalyst for change and it made me think of those situations in which I need to forgive also. It is a moving story that will make you feel deeply. Sometimes I got frustrated with the characters just as I would if the person were real. And I rejoiced when they got it right! It was a good book, but you should read the whole series! It is a fun read and you will enjoy the whole community if you read them all.

No comments: