Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Counting my Blessings

My mind is blank, but I am writing anyway. My heart is consumed by a family problem and it's hard to be light hearted or fun. But my soul yearns for joy... so I will count my blessings. Here goes:

1. Friends- a connection with an old friend was renewed and another friend and I solved a misunderstanding.
2. My 20-year-old daughter got a job and is excited to start work tomorrow.
3. My house is warm despite below 0 temps for several days.
4. My chipped front tooth is fixed without a crown.
5. My 11-year-old made S'more Clusters for her AWANA group and shared with us!
6. I got more free books on my Kindle.
7. My husband bought me a new battery for my laptop computer for Christmas.
8. I got a new red blazer yesterday.
9. Grandchildren- I have 12 and #13 is on the way!
10. I love homeschooling my youngest daughter. She is the last and #6. All the rest have graduated!
11. Tomorrow I will have over 500 hits on my blog!
12. I love Christian radio.
13. Most of the time, I have good internet connections.
14. My sons are incredible young men-excellent public servants, good dads, and fun to be with, too.
15. My husband is my best friend.
16. I have new cookbooks so I don't get bored cooking the same old, same old!
17. I love my Kitchenaid mixer.especially the dough hook to make bread dough.
18. I have opportunities and choices most of the world doesn't have.
19. God's word is relevant to me and true.
20. God loves me.
21. I know God is there for me always. I am never alone.
22. I have reliable transportation and can go pretty much where I want to.
23. Winter doesn't last forever. Spring will come.
24. My husband has a job and I can be a stay-at-home mom.
25.My vacuum cleaner is fixed!

Wow! I didn't realize how much you would know about me by my revealing my blessings. You could figure out a lot about me from that. They are not in order, not even in the order of how I thought of them. It was a totally random list and on another day, the list could contain other things. I only allowed myself 25 today, but counting my blessings always lifts my spirit. Gratitude changes my attitude! I can't feel sorry for myself while listing my blessings.Even though there are some hard things in my life right now, God is good. He is with me. And remembering and counting my blessings renews the joy in my heart!

No comments: