Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Enjoy Life

On a recent radio broadcast that I was listening to, the speaker said that one regret people would have at the end of their lives is that they didn't enjoy life more. They were busy. They worked hard. They had things they wanted. But they just didn't enjoy life.

That is one regret I do NOT want to have. I want to look back at life and think, "Wow! It was a good life!"  That doesn't mean it was all easy because it isn't. That doesn't mean there were no problems because there are. It doesn't ,mean things have all gone my way because they don't and aren't. Life is far from perfect, but I can still choose to see the good.

In spite of today's problems or tomorrow's worries, I will enjoy the life God has given me. Though I don't like winter, the fresh snow this morning was beautiful. I got my exercise time in. My chiropractor helped me yesterday.  My two youngest daughters laughed today over a simple card trick they were perfecting. We had lunch together. I am reading a good book. My husband wants to go out on a date with me tonight.We finished school early. Friends enjoyed our 'Winter Greetings' Letter.(I didn't get Christmas cards out.) I have time to write today. All are just my simple joys, but recognizing them helps me to enjoy today and to see it as a good day. Though life's problems are not any less and the situation that is bothering me most has not changed, I am not letting it overshadow today's delights.

There are so many things yet to look forward to, too. Spring is coming! It will get warmer and days will get longer. I will enjoy walking outside again. We are planning a late Spring -early Summer vacation. I am actually thinking of having a garden this year...Maybe? I love campfires, summer evenings, camping out, motorcycle rides, green grass, and picnics. I am looking forward to getting together with some friends. We get to meet another new grandchild. I want to write more, and of course, read more! I am going to try some new recipes. I'm praying God will show me what He wants me to do next. Anticipation is good. Spontaneity is fun.

So enjoy life. Smile more. People will wonder what you are up to or maybe they will recognize you, too, have joy in your heart!

No comments: