Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Miles from Where We Started Review


Miles from Where We Started by Cynthia Ruchti is a book I loved! I love road trips and camping! I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new sights. This book takes you on a road trip, but you travel through a whole range of situations involving a troubled marriage and a foster child with a big personality.  A trip like this one comes with many adjustments and so does marriage. Add in a child who has his own difficulties and you have extra challenges, but also humor, real life, and another perspective. So much of life is revealed as they travel down the road, through their own memories, and even into the future. They see more than they planned on and learn lessons they didn’t know they needed. There is so much wisdom woven into their journey as they meet others who share with them. They learn they need people, each other, just as the slogan for their camper is, “Just add humans.” I loved this story, the people, the hope, and the restoration within it. I will share it and I will read it again.

No comments: