Sunday, July 29, 2012

God, My Father

God is so good! I knew today would be hard as I had to go do a parade in the town where my father-in-law had lived. It has only been 2 weeks since he left us for his Heavenly home. Our grief is still fresh and surprises us in the most unexpected ways. Before I left this morning, I was reading in my Bible and the overwhelming truth that  God spoke into my heart was that He is my Father. Neither my husband or I have any parents left here on this earth and sometimes that is hard. We loved them and felt incredibly blessed to have them in our lives so we truly miss them. But today as God touched me with His love once again, I didn't feel like an orphan. I once again knew a parent's love, protection, and security.  God is our Father. Today that is the joy of my heart.

No comments: