Monday, July 9, 2012

A New Goal

Writing takes last place lately as my day to day life overwhelms me. I tend to do what is right before me and whatever is most urgent. I love to write. I love to think and write it out. My notebooks are full of comments, thoughts, and ideas. They just rarely make it to my computer. My daughter, Mandy, has challenged me to write at least one time a week. She intends to do it as well. We will hold each other accountable!

Instead of my notebooks piling up and bits and pieces here and there, I will try to be more consistent in getting my words in order. This is my goal, my starting point. Now I just have to take the time and do it.

All of us have something we should be doing. Our hearts yearn for us to create, to be what God has created us to be. A friend of mine paints, but not often enough... She needs to free herself to do this thing she loves. My daughter blogs and reaches an international audience with her words, when she does it! Each of us have gifts, talents, and passions given to us by God. We need to develop them and use them. It gives God  pleasure and is fullfilling to us, too, when we use those gifts.

What talent or gift should you be pursuing more actively?  Do you need to set a goal to just do it? Do you need someone to hold you accountable to do it? Join the challenge. Do something this summer every week that you enjoy and helps you to grow and become the person God created you to be. Let's have fun pursing our goals. Dream with me. Find joy in stretching yourself and you will have new joysin your heart!

1 comment:

Mandy H said...

Glad you have taken me up on the challenge!

Mandy